- 2 cups of flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 5ml of vanilla essence
- 500ml amasi
- 2 eggs
- Butter for frying
- Mix 2 cups of flour, 2tsp baking powder, 1tsp bicarbonate of soda, a pinch of salt and 2 tbsp of sugar in a mixing bowl. Once mixed, make a hollow in the middle of your dry ingredients.
- Beat the 5ml of vanilla essence, 500ml amasi and 2 eggs together in
separate mixing bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture into the hollow of your dry ingredients and beat into a smooth batter. Cover and leave for 30 mins. (The longer you let your batter set, the fluffier your flapjacks will be.)
- Heat a little butter in a non-stick pan and spoon dollops of the batter into it. Fry over medium heat until the flapjacks are golden brown on both sides. Tip: Flapjacks should look dry and airy before you flip
- To serve, stack flapjacks on a plate and spoon double cream yoghurt and honey over, arrange fresh fruit on top and serve immediately.