- 6 slices bread
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 thin slice (1/2 ounce) bacon
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Chopped fresh basil, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the slices of bread in a muffin baking dish.
- Top each with tomato and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the bacon over the tomatoes, then top with the mozzarella.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
- Sprinkle with basil.